The current outbreak of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) has left many business owners asking how they could possibly maintain business operations with a distributed or remote workforce. This critical question can sometimes feel overwhelming or seem insurmountable, but with the right tools, proper integration, a reliable architecture, and a team to assist in the implementation, the challenge of setting up a distributed workforce is not as difficult as some might think.
There are a few critical elements to consider when setting up a distributor workforce and this blog post aims to outline the key elements you need to know in order to be able to continue critical business operations in the face of a pandemic.
RAPID MOBILITY: Rapid mobility is one of the most critical elements of keeping your business operational for distributed teams. The ability for users to transition seamlessly from a traditional office environment to a purely mobile and virtual instance has to be executed instantly with an easy to understand user interface that does not impede workflows.
FEATURES: In order to execute rapid mobility, users have to have the ability to transition from conventional tools and face to face interactions to a virtualized environment. The feature list below outlines the critical elements necessary to distribute your team with a minimal business interruption.
- Phones: You have to have the ability to seamlessly make and receive calls and transfer as if they were within the traditional office setting. A cloud phone architecture accommodates this.
- Video conferencing: Users have to have the ability to execute a video face-to-face conference on the fly as if they were walking into a conference room next to their office.
- Team chat: your team should have the ability to engage in real-time written communication outside of traditional email correspondence in order to keep communication fluid, not every interaction requires a video conference, but the interaction may demand more immediacy than email provides.
- SMS: SMS is a powerful personal communication tool. When it's integrated into the business process it allows your sales team and employees to more effectively engage with customers who may be working remotely from their mobile phones while keeping company assets within the communication ecosystem.
- File-Sharing: most companies have some form of a cloud drive that enables users to upload and share files, but a remote distributed workforce needs the ability to share files in real-time and provide immediate feedback.
- Open Platform: many businesses are using legacy software, sass platforms, or proprietary applications that enable them to run their business operations. These businesses need to utilize an open communication platform to integrate all the above services with their existing workflow to ensure business continuity.
- Whiteboard: video conferencing is incredibly helpful, but the ability for teams to be able to engage in whiteboard meetings is essential for the success of distributed teams. Whiteboard tools allow users to use their mouse or touch-sensitive displays to assist in the communication process.
There are many single solutions to achieve these goals, but few have the ability to integrate all of them without incurring ever-increasing costs. A UCaaS (universal communication as a Service) system has the ability to integrate all of these tools while keeping costs in check. Devvly specializes in integrating these systems into your current infrastructure. If you are looking for immediate assistance in establishing your remote team contact us today for a free assessment. You can easily reach us by filling out the form below or by calling our Nashville or Chicago office with the number in the footer.